- It's a long road to freedom,
- a winding steep and high.
- But when you walk in love
- with the wind on your wing
- And cover the earth with the
- songs you sing,
- The miles fly by.
- I walked one morning by the sea
And all the waves reached out to me.
I took their tears, and let them be.
- I walked one morning at the dawn,
When bits of night still lingered on.
I sought my star but it was gone.
- I walked one morning with a friend,
And prayed the day would never end.
The years have flown - so why pretend?
- I walked one morning with my King,
And all my winters turned to spring.
Yet ev'ry moment held its sting.